Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'll start my diet next week!

Actually, I didn't really start a diet as a New Year's resolution, although I have started exercising again. But it's a good thing I didn't, because my friend Sun-Ran took me out to a really cute restaurant for a delicious meal. It was a restaurant aimed at couples, and instead of a menu, it featured a six course meal with several shared dishes. The atmosphere would be very romantic for a date, but the food was worth coming there just with friends.



It's Sun-Ran, waiting to start on the appetizer. Let's go! More photos after the cut.



First course - appetizer. It was a Thai-style cold roll filled with vegetables and covered in delicious sauce. Also, a thimble-sized shot of juice. I forgot what kind.

Second course - soup, salad, and bagels. The soup was broccoli cheese, one of my favorites. The bagels were covered with sour cream, and there were strawberries in the salad. Yum.

Third course - pasta. A shared pasta dish in a heart-shaped bowl. You can see the couples theme showing through here. Yummy alfredo pasta with shrimp.

Fourth course - sherbet. Served in a cute glass.

Fifth course - hamburger steak with baked potato. The hamburger is so covered with stuff - onions, sprouts, sauce - that you can't even see it.

Part two of the fifth course - wine, rice, and kimchi. Guess the meal wasn't Korea enough.

Sixth course - Americano, brownie, and grapes for dessert. All of it was delicious. Thanks, Sun-Ran!

1 comment: