Sunday, August 15, 2010

Greenheart Travel

I'm going to Korea through EPIK, but I used Greenheart Travel as a recruiter. I've heard that it's way better to use a recruiter, and I'm definitely glad I did it. I figured I'd make a few comments about Greenheart here. They do recruiting for a lot of programs in different countries, so it looks like a pretty big operation. Their website is nice and professional, but I couldn't find a lot of reviews or information about them on the web that didn't come from them.

My experience was mostly very positive. They had compiled useful, well-organized documents that helped streamline my application process, they set everything up for me, answered my questions, and helped me keep track of what I had to do. I'm not in Korea yet, but so far no problems. My contact in the company was very friendly and helpful, and I wouldn't have any complaints except for a few things. First, she was a bit hard to get ahold of. She didn't provide a phone number, and while she answered emails very quickly about 2/3 of the time, 1/3 of the emails seemed to never reach her or never get a response. I had to continually resend these emails to her and soon learned that if I didn't get a response in 24 hours, I wasn't going to get one. Since I was joining the program at the last minute (my fault!), and lots of the stuff was time-sensitive, this could be frustrating. Second, the information Greenheart gave me was good, but I wouldn't say it was as thorough as it might be. If you use Greenheart, I would definitely recommend surfing the internet a lot to look a people's blog, other recruiters' pages, and forums, to supplement your information. I want to stress that I didn't have a bad experience. In fact, I mostly had a really good experience! I just wanted to give out those warnings.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your blog about your experiences in Korea. We adopted our daughter from Korea in 1979.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We already miss you, Colleen - but look forward to hearing all about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete