Wednesday, August 25, 2010

School Update

I haven't had time to upload pictures, so I decided to make a quick picture-less post. I was finally assigned my city/county. I'm in Yeongcheon. It's in Southern Gyeongbuk, not too far from Daegu, and it's also very near all my friends, who are in Pohang. In fact, a few friends are in Yeongcheon with me. I feel so lucky that things worked out that way! I'll be teaching at one middle school, possibly a girls' middle school. Several people in my area are teaching at three schools, which I guess is pretty common in the rural areas. We didn't actually find out the names of our schools, but now I'm getting ready to bus over to Yeongcheon and meet my head co-teacher. Exciting!

As an additional note, I signed my new contract, and they did accept my printed-out certificate from TEFL Online, so I recommend that people in a hurry don't waste any money on having TEFL Online send them one.

I don't know when I'll have internet next, but hopefully it'll be soon and I can catch up on posting my pictures. Until then!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for letting us know! Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete